Monday, January 10, 2011

Oops.

Is it me, or have I been nearly 3 months without blogging? I have kept meaning to blog, but have kept doing other stuff instead (blame Ravelry and Harvey!). Anyway, now that I'm here, may I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I hope you all had a good Christmas.

I have decided that 2011 is going to be a finish-it-off year for me on the knitting front. I have got so many half done projects, most of which I love, that I really want to get done. There's Carica and Soho, Tempest and of course the infernal Mystery blanket. I have socks without partners, socks without feet and oh so much sock yarn without even so much as a cast-on rib! (I love all of my sock yarn and am quite keen on having a few more pairs of socks by the end of the year). I want to make more Christmas presents, more birthday presents and more presents in general.

So I shall start the year as I mean to go on. I will use the blog as a show and tell to let you know how I'm progressing - even if you aren't interested, at least I can keep track of where I am.

First up is a single mit. It does now have a partner, but I just never got round to taking its picture - Moogsmums' Ferne Mits in an unknown mystery yarn found lurking in the bottom of the Stash Bag (er, one of the Stash Bags...)

Next is a sock that I started a while ago, loved and then ignored. Without Borders, you will be finished one day soonish...

The Cranford mits were a lovely knit and more will appear throughout this year - I geve these to mum and she loves them.

Pimpelliese looks a very easy pattern and indeed it is. So why on earth do I have to look at the pattern every single row? Eldest son bought me this yarn - Posh Yarn's new sparkly yarn, Pamela.

The York Sock got completed at long last - huge and enormous as they are, I think they'll be used more in wellies than shoes.

And here is my most favourite sock ever. Gaudete was a mystery Advent sock, part of the pattern being published every weekend throughout Advent. I've never done a heel like that, shaped a sole like that, cast on like that or done a pattern like that. To top it all, the Posh Martha has turned out stripy and I just love it!


I have now turned my attentions to the Mystery Blanket. I'm not enjoying this, but feel so much time and effort has gone into it so far, not to mention expense, that I need to get on and do it. I'm forcing myself! Come back soon for photographic evidence of progress. If not of that, then something else. More pictures, less chat this year. Oh the resolutions are so well-meant at this time of year!

Thanks for coming back to see me, I've missed you all.

x

12 comments:

dottycookie said...

It's good to see you! I've sort of lost my blogging mojo too, but haven't been nearly as productive as you in the meantime!

Just bought a stack of lovely Debbie Bliss Baby bamboo to make a cardie for my smaller girlie. We'll see!

trash said...

hello again there. All of that crafty goodness has exhausted me, I think I need to go to bed.

marit said...

Good to see you're back:-)

Great knitting! I've tried to knit the Bactus scarf (rather similar to Pimpelliese, but without the pretty edging)...it's the simplest of patterns...and I made mistakes on almost every round...

Daisie said...

Loving all the socks and mitts but somehow I don't believe that this will be a 'finishing off year' for you ;)

And this is quite sad and a bit strange but the yarn you are using for Pimpelliese, Pamela, I just had to say out loud like Smithy from Gavin and Stacey! My family now think I ma the wierdest breakfast companion on the planet.

Happy new year to you and yours xxx

Sarah Knits said...

Good to have you back! It looks like you have been busy.

Jo said...

Nice to have you back. I can see that you've been busy whilst you've been away, lots of lovely socks. I'm hoping to make more presents this year too. It's strange that you should post today as I linked to your blog on my post yesterday. I was going to email you to let you know but couldn't find an email address for you. Anyway, glad to see you back in blogworld again.

wonderwoman said...

Lovely to have you back - you certainly have got the new year off to a cracking start!

xx

Locket Pocket said...

Good to have you back Michaela! Just keep on knitting! Lucy x

Mrs Moog said...

Hello You! Good luck with all that finishing off - just think of all the lovely new things you'll have when they're done!

xxx

Jane P said...

Very glad you are back!

Mary deB said...

Hello again! I started off the year with a plan and good intentions, too, and just cast on Unplanned Project number 1! Ah well, I still have good intentions, just more of them now...

Anonymous said...

Love all your knits but especially the colourwork socks. gorgeous.