Thursday, May 31, 2007
You are sympathetic and caring, putting friends and family first.
A creature of habit, you prefer routines and have trouble with change.
You love being in groups - whether you're helping people or working on a project.
You are good at listening, laughing, and bringing out the best in people.
In love, you value harmony and mutual understanding.
You will apologize or give someone the benefit of the doubt, if it means getting over a fight sooner.
At work, you are good at building relationships and connecting with people.
You would make a great nurse, social worker, or teacher.
How you see yourself: Organized, dependable, co-operative
When other people don't get you, they see you as: Opinionated, critical, and know-it-all
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Spot the rhubarb amongst all the mint, sage and irises!
Ingredients all prepared.
Presenting Rhubarb Betty (and mighty fine she was too!)
Now I just need to start thinking of something to do with all the mint and sage - any ideas anyone?
Monday, May 28, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
So there I was this morning, 7.30, thinking that it was high time I went for a shower, but just one more round of the glove wouldn't make me so very late, when I heard my children talking to each other. Rather, whispering to each other.
'Come and see the tadpoles, they've grown.'
Alarm bells rang in my somewhat fuzzy head. What tadpoles? We don't have any tadpoles. Do we? I know, ask son number 2. He's very honest and would never tell fibs to his mum. Denial. Flat barefaced denial. Nobody mentioned tadpoles mum, you must have heard the tv. Hmm. Decided to try son number 1 who is capable of lying under the most severest interrogation, so really didn't hold out much hope there.
Please tell me darling children. Do you have any tadpoles in your room? No. If you did have any, I worry in case they tip over. No. If there were any, I wonder what they would eat. Bacteria in the water mum, dad said so. Aha, a crack in the defence. If there were any, they might become smelly. Silence. If there were any, I really wouldn't be cross, I would just like to know.
They're in the cupboard. WHAT?!!!! Tadpoles in the bloody cupboard? (I didn't swear. I kept calm). On opening the cupboard, I discovered a sweet jar with 3 very advanced tadpoles, nay, froglets, swimming happily round in the dark. Ooh look says honest son number 2 (honest did I say?) the torches have gone out. Torches? What torches? Turns out every torch in the house is in this cupboard and turned on - and every battery has run out - just in case the tadpoles didn't like the dark.
So I have spent a couple of hours this afternoon relocating them, finding a tank, some big stones and some food. They apparently have names - Ding is the one with just back legs, Dong is the one with back legs and small front legs and Dang is the one that looks about to make a bid for freedom at any minute. All 3 are in the photo - bottom left, look hard!
It was only this evening that I wondered how darling honest children had managed to get them from my neighbours pond into the sweet jar. I need to sieve some icing sugar for a cake, and seem unable to locate the sieve....
Monday, May 21, 2007
So here's the meme. Still don't know what it is, but consider yourself tagged if you want to be! Many thanks to my 2 willing volunteers! The particulars: each person tagged tells seven random facts about themselves in their blog (and at the same time, reiterate the rules). Then you tag seven others, naming them on your blog, and leaving a comment on their blog so they know that they have been tagged. Seven things you might not know about me:-
- I once had a golden retriever dog called Fennel. He was wonderful, when he died I was devastated. Vowed never to have another pet again, much to the disgust of my children. Can't go through that again.
- I hate buying shoes. If someone out there would do it for me, I'd jump at the chance!
- My first job after leaving Cookery School was to work for the Royal Family. Not a bad postal address ' Appartmant 1, Kensington Palace'! I signed the Official Secrets Act, so can't say much more than that!
- While in that job, I met my husband. We couldn't stand each other at first. He thought I was a snob (ha! me?) and I thought he was a fool. But eventually sense got the better of us. He propsed to me on a mountain top in Bavaria.
- I used to drink, but now can't. Even a sip of wine makes me feel ill.
- Controversial one this. I don't like cats. If you spent as much time as I do clearing cat poo and sick out of your garden, off the grass, off your children's bare feet and shoes, and off the front door mat, you wouldn't be too keen either.
- I knew with 100% certainty that my first born was a girl. When he was born, I felt sure the midwife had got it wrong!
OK now? Will that do Dee?
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Will try and do the meme thingy tomorrow....
Friday, May 18, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Thursday, May 3, 2007
The Spitfire is still drying - well it's dry, but I've not had time to stick it together and paint it. Today has been all about a kangaroo. I'm making a 40th birthday cake for a man who's Australian. That's the only help I got ' Oh we'll leave it up to you' is really not much help at all. David suggested a can of Fosters. Anyone out there got any great ideas?