Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Long time no see (it was only 5 days)

Sorry I've not been around for a few days, but I'm back now, so you can all come back out of the woodwork and say hello!
So here's the kangaroo on top of her cake complete with boomerang and the lyrics of the verse to 'My Boomerang Won't Come Back'. Spitfire cake is going out on Friday so call back later in the week for a picture of that.
Did you all have a good bank holiday? We did, plenty to eat (yes, the momentary blip of being sick of chocolate went away!) and drink and for once, well behaved children. We went out for a Chinese meal and to the cinema to see Spiderman 3. Took my knitting to the pictures of course, but kept dropping stitches, it was so dark. Must remember to take a torch next time and to have extra-mindless knitting, rather than just mindless. Or else ask them to turn the lights on. I'm sure they'd oblige.
Kerrie and I have been getting our heads together over some fundraising for Oliver. Surely you must all know Oliver? Still haven't worked out how to do links, so you'll have to forgive me - www.emma.prettyposies.com - he's been poorly over the weekend, so go and say hello. Reading Emma's blog makes you feel very humble. But back to the fundraising, last year's stash auctions raised about £1,000. Well it would have done if everyone had paid up. Not going to tell you about this years project, but it's very different to last year!
See you tomorrow - promise I'll be back then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, I love that kangaroo. You're so clever..