Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yes, another one...

Are you bored yet? There's a whole year to come of pretty squares so I hope not! I have to say that this is my favourite square so far. I love the colours and the simplicity of this one. It looks like an envelope to me and as I really like getting letters, I find this a very happy square.

My last square to make this month has already been cast on. It does not seem as easy and straightforward as this one. In fact it seems about as complicated as the red lacy one. Cables, bobbles and beads, increases and decreases. Send positive vibes please everyone.

I need inspiration for tea tonight - anyone got any great ideas? Wouldn't it be just the height of luxury to have your own cook who could decide what you were going to eat. And then go out and buy all the ingredients. And then make it all for you. And then wash up all the dirty pots.

Dream on Michaela, dream on...

5 comments:

. said...

Lovely square :) You have way more patience than me knitting all these.

And I'm making this for dinner:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/chicken-mushroom-and-bacon-pie-recipe/index.html

I have the recipe in the Nigella Express book, and damn fine it is too. Crispy potatoes and green beans to go with it. Which reminds me, I must go cook the filling.....

xMx

Mrs Moog said...

If I were you I've make beans on toast and get back to that gorgeous knitting!!!

Rhiannon said...

That looks so pretty! I can't wait to see how this is all going to turn out

it might be a bit late now but I'm planning on cooking a vegetable curry thing - really easy just fry onions in lots of cumin and some chilli/curry powder (whichever you have), add veg of your choice, stock if it looks funny, and leave it til its done
Actually I should go do that now as i've just seen the time...

Hope you have/d something delicious
x

wonderwoman said...

love the colour combination - no, am not bored!
last night i made two shepherds pies - one with meat and the other vegetarian! I love the veggie one - so easy to do - boil spuds for topping, chop up any veg to hand, some garlic and onions, brown all in some olive oil just for a few mins, add tin toms, veg stock and simmer for a bit - place in pie dish, put spuds on top,put in oven for 40 mins - hey presto!

Dawn said...

Oops, seems like I've forgotten to sew on a button! It's looking good!