Monday, May 31, 2010

Just in time!

Phew! Talk about a rush job and leaving things to the last minute. Here are the Macchia Di Colore socks. I've loved knitting these but wish I'd stuck to the pattern suggestion for the heel and maybe done the same needle size as the pattern says, but hey, I'm not one to be dictated to! These will be perfect socks for cold winter days when dog walking!

The June pattern for the Moogsmum and Stashbasket Sock Club is this one - Rhodie Gus - we both liked the look of this one and I know for sure that Moogsmum is desperate to cast hers on. For me, although longing to start (look what yarn I've chosen) I am forcing myself to concentrate on the Mystery Blanket.
I am still labouring on the April squares, not started any May ones let alone June. So I am hopelessly behind. Not for much longer though, I am determined to get them done before casting on the next sock. Bets taken as to how long I'll hold out!

I have also bought new yarn (Sublime) from the Kemps destash ready for a lovely little summery bolero. That will be so quick to do! Not to mention the fabulous Posh yarn from last week and of course the million and one other projects. A friend recently suggested I try for another Finish It Off February!

The June supply from the Posh Cashmere club has arrived and it's gorgeous. Called Bluebell Wood it is exactly the colour of bluebells (surprisingly!) Sadly it's 2-ply and you know how I don't do yarn that fine, so I've volunteered to swap it with another Poshee for some extremely gorgeous Martha. Have you ever knitted with Martha? It's really rather wonderful...

We have my mother in law here for the half term break, so blogging may or may not happen. Just like normal really. Sorry I'm a bit slow on the old bloggy business lately. Must try harder. Maybe next time I can show you real progress on the blanket. Maybe.

4 comments:

marit said...

Great socks! I like June's pattern too, not sure if I'll cast on those though...but we'll see how much time there is...

Another Finish it off month sounds good actually!

Good luck with the blanket(s), and have a great half term:-) We have only 3 weeks left until summer holidays start...

trash said...

The June ones are very pretty. Are you doing them in that green? Shall I tell you my shoe size or would you like to wing it?

dottycookie said...

Must ... not ... look ... at ... June ... socks ...

Not until I've finished gthe Wose Hilda's - which I am loving!

Locket Pocket said...

Fabbity socks missus! But I don't fancy your chances of getting all your blanket knitting done with all those other temptations unless you come up with a June version of Finish it off February - like "Just Do It June" or "Jolly Well Get Those Blankets Knitted June" - catchy???

L x