Saturday, December 15, 2007

New Kitchen



So here it is - what do you think? This top picture is taken from the back door looking towards the oven, fridge (cleverly disguised as a cupboard) and breakfast bar. The bottom one is taken from the dining room door looking towards the microwave and my fantastic gas hob and extractor fan.



My mum and dad have been over today helping do some finishing touches - Dad has decorated and mum has done all my ironing. Love my parents! There are a few bits still left to do and the kitchen fitters are coming back to sort them out next week, but on the whole it is now finished. And I love my new kitchen!

The fitters even sent me a big bouquet of flowers today to say they hope I like my kitchen. Like it? You bet Mr Kitchen Man. Now I have no excuse to sit and knit, I must get on and do some serious baking ready for Christmas.

But first I have a blanket to finish. Soon, people, oh very soon now...

8 comments:

picperfic said...

oh it looks gorgeous! I bet you can't wait to do some baking in there? I love the breakfast bar and the placement of the microwave. Love the tiles too!

Mama said...

GORGEOUS!

Gorgeous!

Gorgeous!

Lucky girl!!


Almost at beautiful as your knitting : )

Anonymous said...

Hya. Now wasn't that just worth it! It looks fabulous and I love the tiles - blanket inspired? Everything will now fall into place. And in time for Christmas. Love to your Parents. Do you need more squares? and did you get mine? Merry x

Locket Pocket said...

Your kitchen looks great - you must be delighted to have it finished at last - enjoy the baking! Lucy x

Monkee Maker said...

Oh wow, it looks fantastic! And all those clear work sufaces ..... how long do you reckon it'll stay like that?

Can't wait to see what GORGEOUS lovelies are going to emerge from your fab new oven :)

Anonymous said...

That kitchen is just fabulous! Do you need a lodger? I could help with the blanket....

Mumi said...

Love your choice of colours, what a great early christmas present.

Have a Merry Christmas :-)

yvette said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, have fun cooking for christmas.
The blanket looks amazing too, well done. Merry christmas and happy new year.