Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another conversation

A work colleague (hence forth known as WC) was telling us about her trip to Tescos:-

WC: Do you know, I spent ages last night in Tesco's walking up and down the aisles looking for mincemeat. It's Christmas and they didn't have any mincemeat. Not one jar. Huh.

Me: Why not just make some? It's very quick and far nicer than bought stuff.

WC (in a very sneering tone): You obviously have far too much time on your hands if you can make mincemeat.

Me: Not at all, I'm very busy, so I got up early this morning to make some.

WC: I'm not getting up early, I just wanted to stay in bed today.

Me: Ah well, I haven't got time to stay in bed, or walk up and down aisles in Tesco's.

Is it me?


And on a slightly obsessive note, I am becoming obsessed by Christmas trees made from magazines (but not nearly as much as my mum who now goes into shops to get those free Christmas gift magazines just so she can make more trees - dad says they now have a forest at home of them!) Those magazine trees and the wreaths, as so beautifully explained by Domesticali. I have come home from school at lunch time just so I can make some more!

In the background you can see Mr Stressy's pet hobby. Decanters filled with drink. My, don't we look opulent!

6 comments:

Mama said...

You just reminded me that I haven't shared my BRILLIANT mincemeat use: cut the top off of a wheel of brie, top with mincemeat, pop into the oven until cheese is nice and soft, serve with french bread. Delicious!
As one of my SILs acclaimed: It is Christmas in your mouth!!

Ali said...

Look at them all! Fab stuff.

And I have delegated the making of mince pies, so no Tesco's panic for me!

Locket Pocket said...

I love those trees but am cross with myself cos I haven't made any more since the first one!

Lucy x

trash said...

Do you ever sometimes think other people are just odd?

picperfic said...

I'm saving those magazine trees for me and Maisie to make on Sunday! I have plans for glue and glitter too! I made my own mincemeat, mince pies, puddings and cake albeit not decorated yet but I love a bit of snowy icing and my snowman candles! For me, being busy at the time of year is a way of life. I love the whole thing, even the adverts on TV! If you want something done ask a busy person! Your WC probably has a spotlessly boring home :^p mind you, your home always looks spotless whenever I've been in it!

Mrs Moog said...

I agree with Trashy - there are some right weirdos out there!!

I'd rather make my own anything than waste half my life in Tesco's!!!!

Silly WC!!

xxx