Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What? No pictures?

Sorry it's been a long old time since my last post, life is hectic as ever. And I'm just too busy looking at Ravelry when I get on the computer to think about blogging!

It's not going to be a very pretty post today either - no pictures. Youngest son has gone on a school trip to the Isle of Wight for a week and has got the camera - we are not a fancy household that owns more than one digital camera. (Gulp, hope he doesn't lose it, smash it, drop it or cover it in ketchup as he seems to do with most other things!)

But without the camera, I can't show you my single finished Rhodie Gus which I love. Neither can I show you the Wedding cake which was finished and was collected last weekend. And I can't even show you the socks I have cast on since finishing RG. Please note 'socks' - I was so impressed by those of you who make 2 socks on one circular needle that I thought I'd have another go. By some strange method, I seem to have worked out how to do it and have 2 socks now on the go. They do seem to be growing quite quickly, but I think I still prefer using 2 circulars and making one sock at a time. Mind you, at least I won't get the second sock syndrome which seems to haunt me so badly!

Incidentally, another must have sock book for those of you who, like me, can never have enough of them... Think Outside the Sox. It's great. Really, really great. You will not be disappointed honestly!

3 comments:

Mrs Moog said...

Hang on a minute - you've finished a single Rhodie Gus but have cast on two more socks? I thought you'd have finished you second RG by now!

That book really is quite brilliant. I love the hexagon socks and have studied the pattern at length and have been totally unable to even think about how to knit them!!

xx

Locket Pocket said...

You sound far too busy for your own good! ;o) Lucy xx

trash said...

I thought you were going to say the naughty puppy ate your camera. No? Must just be mine does that sort of stuff.