Monday, January 14, 2008

The Generosity of Knitters



This is a present sent to me by Lise in Montreal. I've never met Lise and I've never been to Montreal - to get a present from there has been very exciting. I'm not sure why I've deserved such a glorious gift (it came with a label attached saying that it was a present for me) along with lots of 4" squares. I am so lucky, thank-you Lise. It has already been wound into a ball and I'm about to dig out my 2.5mm dpns to cast on a sock - the pattern for which was included with the yarn.

This, of course, has done nothing whatsoever to alleviate the dreadful case of Startitis which I'm suffering. I cast on for a scarf this morning (whilst waiting for the kettle to boil), am just about to cast on a sock and also want to make one of those amazing little cup cakes on the front of Betz White's new book. Tonight. What? You haven't seen that book? It's great - I am now scouring the charity shops desperately seeking pure wool jumpers that aren't machine washable. They are proving very elusive at the moment, but I'm trying.

4 comments:

Mama said...

That yarn is fantastic! Such great colors and sheen. Lucky, lucky girl : )

Anonymous said...

There is a cure for startitis you know? It involves handing over your entire stash basket to a friend to look after until you have finished your current projects. Might I suggest that next time Brooke and I pop over we remove the source of temptation from your house? Purely to help you and your startitis of course! kerrie xx

Anonymous said...

There is a great shortage of shrinkable wool sweaters in our charity shops too....I have accidently shrunk a plain brown one beloging to my husband (he was away at the time and I rushed out and purchased an exact replica...what shall I do with it? It will be a LITTLE difficult for me to use it...unless I hide it for a year or two, until he has forgotten....or I could donate it to a worthy cause....like you? Fran
PS LOVE that yarn, it is really yummy,

picperfic said...

you deserve that yarn Michaela...that blanket was a labour of love!