Sunday, April 6, 2008

A new friend

A new friend has arrived at the Stash Basket. He's nameless at the moment - I quite like Monkee Maker's way of naming things (007, HP1 etc etc) easy, mindless, no thinking involved.

Of course, not that I'm saying you're any of those things oh incredible Monkee Knitting Goddess, just that you're very clever in thinking up such an easy way to name things! (Have you eaten that bunny yet by the way?)

Anyway, this little chap has come via Sarah at Paper and String - a very talented person - he's hanging above my oven and I love him so much!

Blog posting will be sparse for the next couple of weeks. The cake orders have started coming in, so no more knitting for a while, but plenty of icing. And not much sleep either if previous form is anything to go by!

8 comments:

Mama said...

Leave of Absence accepted on condition that cake pictures are posted in a timely manner.

*sniff* I'll miss you!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Pink Owl seems fairly obvious, or Pink Oven Owl? (shorten it to POO if necessary....) Hm...just my likkle jokey, Fran

picperfic said...

I think POO is a great name hah! He does look pretty.

. said...

Cake? Did someone mention Cake? Let me at it!!!

What a sweet little owl. I agree that POO is a good name, it was good enough for that bear and he had very little brains so with a wise owl brain I'm sure your little guy could carry it off.

xMx

Locket Pocket said...

I want cake too!!!!

paper-and-string said...

POO????
I stick with the method that first name suggested is the name that should be used, so Poo it is :-) LOL
I hope you'll forgive me if I don't name all my owls Poo?
xxx
ps glad you like Poo :-)

Monkee Maker said...

Hmmm. And I was just about to take offence .... until I saw the Goddess bit. That's better .... a little bit of respect for once. And absolutely no sarcasm ....

Have fun with your icing bag, and don't forget to post mouth-watering pictures once in a while ....

:)

ps. Please don't actually post pictures of your mouth (or anyone else's) watering .... that would be gross ....

Anonymous said...

Er, POO, that was SUPPOSED to be a joke, folks....trust you lot to be so lavatorial! Hahahahaha, Fran