Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Pudding - and a cake

Following your suggestions, I decided to amalgamate a few ideas. I loved the idea of yours Marianne though, make a big rice pudding so I could knit! Sadly I'm the only one who likes it. No, I love it. Really love it. To the point of being greedy! This pudding is adapted from one of Phil Vickery's recipes - Crunchie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. It's a lemon cheesecake, with chunks of Crunchie in - you chop up a crunchie into chunks, coat each chunk in melted chocolate and then mix them into the cheesecake mixture. Topped with chocolate strawberries.

I can hardly wait until pudding time tonight. I licked the bowl and let me tell you, it's bloody good stuff. Calories? Yes, quite a few, but hey, why not eh? You've got to eat something to survive haven't you. Can't fade away. Must build up my strength for the Wii Fit!

Made another cake too. Similar I know to the last one I showed you, but it was easier to make a job lot of yellow roses. Fancy being married for 50 years. Blimey, if I ever get that far, I will need a very big medal!


Enjoy your Saturday everyone. I'm off to work up an appetite for pudding!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Michaela, I'm smilimg again - how could I not as your messages are full of common sense (and half-hidden smiles to readers and fun). I love to contemplate your glorious Saturday puddings and other cakes even if I'm not personally found of icing on cakes and prefer nude pieces with strawberries. You are definitely an inspiring friend. Have a wonderful week-end, Michaela! xx xx

Giulietta

picperfic said...

oh yum! You are so bad, that sounds delicious! No wonder Fern had her tummy elastic banded!

Locket Pocket said...

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan!!! That is pudding torture! Why do you have to live so flipping far away? I want some of that and I want it NOW!!!!!!!

Really sounds very scrummy! And another amazing cake too - you are so talented Michaela!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday! Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cake and wonderful pud. Wish I could have some!

Anonymous said...

oh I wish I could have been there, that sounds gorgeous. I'm planning a cheer me up cheesecake for today, think I might just use the crunchie idea. xx

julie said...

Oh, saturday pudding looks gooood! I like the idea of hidden nuggets of crunchy - very nice! I don't expect there's any left? The cake is beautiful - those yellow roses are so delicate!

Anonymous said...

These roses are absolutely exquisite.
Next time you show some, could you tell us what they're made of - and how, please?