Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Oops!


Last year, for mum's Christmas present, I had the idea of making her a throw and knitting lots of flowers to go on it. So I chose the yarn - Colinette's Point 5 - and knitted away. The throw was huge - it used 5 skeins - but was a bit floppy and thin, not like I wanted. So I decide to felt it a bit (a bit, note) to make a firmer fabric. So in the washer it went. Oh dear me. The original throw was about 5 feet by 4 feet - it came out of the washer a mere 1.5 by 2 feet. So I had to do some rapid re-thinking and came up with the idea of a bath mat. At least I didn't need to make quite so many flowers!



I still like the idea of a throw and will no doubt put it on the list of things to do at some stage. Oh and as for Forest Canopy - who was I trying to kid saying that it would be done before we go away? These rows are taking forever. At this rate I'll be lucky if it's finished for when we get back from our holiday. I am never knitting another shawl ever, ever again in my whole life.

Just remind me I said that will you?

3 comments:

sharon said...

It's a beautiful throw = looks much bigger than it actually is!

picperfic said...

it does look bigger...bet you were dismayed when it came out of the machine.

Monkee Maker said...

I wish my mistakes looked as pretty as that!

And no, Myra hasn't claimed what's rightfully hers. I've been burying my head in the monkey back-pack about it! Competition time soon methinks.