Thursday, March 6, 2008

Afternoon tea anyone?

Now you might know that I love making marmalade, but did you know that my next best thing to make is scones. Delia's recipe from the Winter Collection is my favourite version. And I like triangular scones rather than round ones. So here they are starting to rise in the oven...


...and here they are fully risen and ready to eat. All they need now is some Lurpak, home-made raspberry jam and clotted cream. All of which I have in the fridge. Oooh, goody goody gumdrops. Anyone want to join me?


The diet, as you may well have noticed, is not going very well. Still, I don't have sugar in my tea, so that's obviously good news yes?

(More knitting news next time - I decided to cast on something new rather than go for finishing off a project. We're knitting with Camel at the moment and very lovely stuff it is too!)

11 comments:

picperfic said...

oh boy...I love scones! I use DElia's Devonshire Scone recipe from a very old book of cakes...

Pink Sky said...

Looks so good! Wish I could join you, it all sounds delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, Scones. I use my dear late Mother in Law's recipe. Haven't made any for a while. In the summer we sometimes have "tea" in the conservatory with teacups and saucers. And scones, and jam and cream. Then flapjacks and chocolate cake. MMMMMMx

Patti said...

Oh Man Scones!

My mum can whip up a batch of these in an instant. Think I need some now.

yours look beautiful.

bonnie said...

remember raspberry is a fruit and one of your 5 a day - feel better?

Michaela said...

Bonnie you are a genious (that looks very strange written down, is it wrong?) I now don't feel in the slightest bit guilty and will very likely have extra raspberry jam!

Mama said...

MMMmmmmmm! Just checked the fares - not in the budget this month. I'm guessing that sending some via "sonic air"/FedEx is not an option?

ps: started working on your bunny last night : )

Mrs Moog said...

Mmmm, get the kettle on I'll be right over.........


xx

Locket Pocket said...

I didn't know you could knit camels! It's amazing, you learn something new every day!!!!

Those scones look scrummy so I'm going now before they make me go and look for something nice to eat!

Lucy xx

Twiggy said...

Bang goes my diet, they look yummy
twiggy

Monkee Maker said...

Am I too late for scones??

But wait .... you have butter AND cream on them? Now that's just greedy .... said she who is never ever greedy. NEVER I tell you!

;)