Friday, March 28, 2008

Holiday Knitting

Well this is the little lot that I took on holiday. The idea was that I finish at least one thing. Sadly I didn't finish anything. Drat.

Clockwise from bottom left:-
Quiviut - finally decided on what to make, it involves rounds of plain knit. Thoroughly mindless but makes a nice easy knit - going to be the multi layered tube scarf from Alterknits when it grows up.

Sock using the yarn Lise sent me. Lovely pattern, lovely yarn.

Rib and cable cardigan from Debbie Bliss. Now onto the last sleeve (using Posh Emily). A mind numbingly boring pattern. Been on the needles for over a year now...

Aleita Shell using Posh Camel. Pattern getting complicated - well, it's not really, it's just that I'm being very stupid and very lazy.

So come on people, I need your help. What shall I finish first? I'll let you decide, I'm too busy winding tangled skeins to knit for the next few days.

Last night (after doing 2 skeins) I decided to sort out all of the felted jumpers that I've been collecting. They all got cut up into usable pieces, a bag of colours and a pile of greys and creams. This lot is going to become a blanket - like the baby one in Warm Fuzzies (sorry, can only get the link to Betz White's blog) only bigger. You'd think I've had enough of blankets , but no, I'm still loving them! Wondering what to applique onto some of the patches - fancy something like a few bright flowers to lift the colours. But we'll have to see.

Oh yes, and something else I made last night - one of the little felted bowls, also from Warm Fuzzies. If you haven't got a copy of that book yet, put it right at the top of the Amazon Wish list - it's great!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely MAKE yourself finish the 'boring' cable rib sweater...if it's been on the needles for that long you need to finish it, AND you'll really feel like you've achieved something, and be SO relieved that it's not glowering at you from behind the sofa, or wherever you hide it to try and forget...or if you now no longer like it either frog it (oh, no, you don't do you?) or finish it and give it away...or get someone else to finish it for you (I do this for my mum, she gets fed up with the long stretches of st.st or with sewing things up....whereas, I quite like the mundane! I'll help you. if you like! Fran

Anonymous said...

Oh, and then the socks, (or at least one of them!) for a treat and break...then the Alieta, then the other sock...and alongside make the quivuit thingy cos you said it's easy and uncomplicated and it looks smallish, so it can be the thing you take to do while you're waiting for things, or watching the kids somewhere... Right, now you're sorted, what should I be doing??? Fran

Patti said...

What she said!

Locket Pocket said...

You can't possibly expect me, Queen of the Starters and Never Finish-its, to advise you on what knitting project to complete. You really can't!

Hope some more sensible readers are able to help!!!


Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Same as Fran! That felting looks good too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am struggling with my own knitting presently - certainly not as diversified as yours, Michaela, and I better not utter a word on the matter of completing knitting projects already on the needles. Your puddings and cakes are irresistible. ;)

Lise R.

Probably Jane said...

I think my holiday results will be pretty similar to yours - I have 4 things on the needles with 10 days of the hols left to go - not looking good...

My vote is for the quivut on the basis that you deserve the greatest tactile pleasure as an incentive to tackle the rest.

sara said...

Finish the Debbie Bliss and look forward then to working on one of the more interesting projects. I have been so good lately and finished loads of projects and now only have one project on the needles. That won't last long.