Monday, March 3, 2008

My Washing Line

My washing line has been the unsung hero of late. It has quietly held onto all my washing even in the strong winds. I do not have a tumble drier, so without it, I would have suffered wet clothes hanging up all over the house. It has helped me when I needed somewhere to hang all of Oliver's Blankets to show you. It has not minded being kept outside in the freezing cold and has not complained once.

In short it has been a very clever little line indeed. So I thought it needed a present. The pegs were always lying around the place getting in the way so I made my line a new friend. The Peg Bag. He's a bit 'gone-wrong' - the teeth are on the wrong side of the opening looking more like a beard than a set of fangs, but never mind eh.



Treat your washing line with respect and it will reward you. Clean clothes drying in the breeze is a lovely sight, and oh so much better for the environment. My sympathies to all people who are unable to have a washing line for whatever reason. I love mine.

11 comments:

Mama said...

I have GOT to ask TBG to install a wash line now that we have a back yard! I grew up wearing (mostly) line-dried clothes.

Adore the peg bag : )

ps: no tumble dryer at all? What do you do in winter?

Locket Pocket said...

Mr Peg Bag is gorgeous - and must really make you happy when you peg out your washing! Lucy x

Monkee Maker said...

Yesterday I used my washing line for the first time this year .... I know, I'm bad .... and I'm so unused to it I forgot to get the clothes back in. School uniforms. Oops.

Fabulous peg bag .... just make sure you remember it's there if you go outside in the night - could give you a nasty fright!

:)

Anonymous said...

Love the peg bag. Mine is falling apart. I must make a new one. I love the smell of line dried clothes. Mx

Anonymous said...

Excellent peg bag...(note to self, make peg bag....get rid of horrible blue plastic basket!)Working Mom Knits...most of us just wear it wet (only kidding, unless you count my soon, always in too much of a hurry for his latest favourite and often puts clothes on before they dry...final and youngest child and me very chilled after so many of them...he has not caught pneumonia YET!!!) I dry the panys and socks on the radiators, and the rest on the line, ALL YEAR!!! Fran xx

Anonymous said...

What a cool peg bag!! I have been drying my washing inside and cant wait for the summer to come so I can get the clothes outside onto the rotary airer and get that fresh smell again...I got a new airer last summer from this website called www.ecowashinglines.co.uk and its so much better than the lightweigth ones Ive had in the past from B&Q.

Bring on the sunshine!

Penny said...

That pegbag is great. It might even encourage children to hang out the washing - on second thoughts it would probably encourage them to play with the pegs, not do anything useful...

Anonymous said...

I don't have a washing line, or a tumble drier. I have 3 kids clothes all over my radiators all the time. Note to self, must get a washing line....

Monkee Maker said...

I know you didn't SEND me rude food .... it's all in the way you photograph it ....

;)

Mama said...

Okay - please have pity on this poor American: Kerrie, three children and NO dryer or drying line? *has to take a few minutes to get past the shock of it all*

picperfic said...

oh he's lovely! I love my washing line, I put about 4 loads on it yesterday and it all dried, I love it when that happens. What I don't like is when the line breaks and the washing ends up all muddy, that happened last year grrrr! Oh the yummy smell of line dried clothes!