Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tipsy Tuesday

Sorry I haven't written for ages - it takes some doing to get the children off the computer lately, and as husband forgot to buy a newspaper yesterday, he was on here once they had gone to bed.

So here we have the start of Tipsy's Fair Isle front, taken yesterday. It is now much smaller than this - I pulled it down! Me! Frogging something! All be it just 16 rows, but still, it really is a first! I just wasn't happy with the red and green band, too busy (which is saying something in such a busy cardigan) and I really think there's too much of the white, so back it went. Ah well, never mind...

I will post again tomorrow I promise, with a reminder and an update about Oliver's blanket. But tonight I have a cake to make, 2 cakes to butter cream, a couple of models to make, oh and the Christmas cakes to start thinking about.

4 comments:

the vicious chicken said...

Hi Michaela, I have a quick question about squares for Oliver's blanket - do you want the ends put in, or left loose? I was going to leave them, thinking that you'd need them to sew up the blanket. But then it occurred to me that you might be using something else, and you'd have quite enough to do without zillions of ends to sew in too! (Also, sorry I haven't sent this to you yet - the strike came at the wrong time!)
VCx

picperfic said...

I have the same question as VC! Hope you don;t go wearing yourself out with all that cooking and stuff! Tipsy is looking lovely and i am looking forward to seeing the amendments you have made...

Mama said...

Went to a wedding yesterday (it was a Federal Holiday here - still, strange to be at a wedding on a Monday) - took a pic of the cake for you and will post it once I re-discover where I stored it.

ps: is it horrible to say the cake - not the design but the taste - was not so great?

Anonymous said...

ends question too ....

hopefully there will be a day free of strikes and backlog soon to get squares out.

tipsy will be well worth the frogging angst in the long run. Love the bottom band by the way