Monday, July 28, 2008

It's amazing what you find...

... when you tidy up! I cleared out the ottoman today, er, one of the ottomans (ottomen?). This is full of cake boards and boxes, and ribbons and a bit of fabric and a big carrier bag, tied neatly at the top. Couldn't remember seeing this bag so imagine my ecstatic joy when I untied it and discovered this little lot. Woopee doo daa!!!

It's mostly double knitting (oh how I love double knitting) and is a mixture of Rowan and Colinette. There's also some Hipknits, Hand Maiden, Koigu and some very pretty hand-spun stuff. Yummy scrummy! Of course now I just want to knit something with it all - any ideas? Think I might just browse Kaffe Fassett's pattern library and decide on something.

Because you know I have vowed to cast on 4 things this holiday.

One thing has already been cast off and another is very close so things are looking good for number 3 on the list.

I'm going away for a couple of days now to mum and dad's. Will get lots of knitting done there - so will have loads to show you when I get back - scarf, amazing painting, new arrival, more jam and a cake or two (but not the edible sort).

Be good. And don't forget to tidy up, it's amazing what you might find!

12 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Oh yeah, Michaela - we've all pulled that old trick .... "What, this bag of yarn, darling? No! I've had it for ages!!"

Hope you have a great few days away, with all your lovely new .... sorry, OLD yarn ...

;)

Anonymous said...

As MM says.... Really? Anyway what a find eh! What about Weston Pier MM?

Quinn said...

Jackpot!

alice c said...

Could you have a family of hats with various combos of yarn so that they are individual and yet look good together. I don't know - this whole stash thing is outside my experience (whoops ... is that really my nose growing?)

trash said...

Oooo! Lots of luvverly stuff in that bag Missus! Looking forward to seeing what comes home.

Mama said...

Willing to clean house for you - as long as I can keep what I "find"!

Gina said...

What a fantastic find - some lovely yarns there. Enjoy your break away.

. said...

YEY! That's almost as good as finding a ten pound note in your winter coat pocket the first time you up it on after summer :)

I can't wait to see what goodies it can be morphed into.

xMx

Mrs Moog said...

Well thanks a lot!! I've just cleaned every nook and cranny of Moogshouse and all I could muster was bags of acrylic yukky yarn.
Here was I hoping the yarn fairies might have visited, like they did for you!

Maybe I need to buy an ottoman 'cos then I'd be bound to find something exciting :)

Hope you have a lovely few days with your folks and looking forward to seeing your creations.

xxx

Dyan said...

I love finding stash I forgot all about and those yarns looks like lots of fun. Maybe I should tidy up too, who knows what I'll find! Looking forward to seeing pictures of what you cast off while away.
Dy

Locket Pocket said...

Have a lovely time away - hope you get loads of knitting done. Lucy x

wonderwoman said...

its so nice to see someone who has lots of stash, makes me feel better about mine - although it is dotted about so it looks less than it is!