Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday pudding and the return of an old friend

With all the fruit picking that's been going on this week, you could hardly expect anything else other than Summer Pudding could you?

On Friday we were all set to have a barbecue. The table was set, the coal was lit and I was sorting out the salad in the kitchen thinking, 'Hmmmmm, it's getting a bit dark out there'.

And then it rained. We don't normally have monsoon weather here in the Fens, but on Friday night, the monsoons arrived in force. A whole hour of torrential rain, followed by glorious sunshine. Needless to say, we had an indoor barby. Good old British Summers. Don't you just love them?!

If you've been with me for a long time, you may remember this post. Well, I'm sure this is Ding come to say hello to us. Or possible Dang. But then again, he looks remarkably similar to Dong, so who knows! He was enjoying the rain. He obviously didn't have soggy sausages for tea to look forward to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer Pud looks great. Glad you like frogs. We had our pond area redone last year and at the moment we have loads of tiny froglets all over the place. Mind where you put your feet. Our "friend" a resident frog moved back into the new pond within minutes of the water going in. Big day 5 weeks today!

Locket Pocket said...

Oh that is so funny! I wasn't with you back then but I'm so glad I went back for a read! What thoughtful little boys you have!! That is sending me to bed tonight with a huge grin across my face!

Thank you! Lucy xxx

The Caked Crusader said...

That is absolutely beautiful - I love the shape of your summer pudding, what a gorgeous colour too!