Monday, September 29, 2008

Flower Pot

Well if you use your imagination it looks a bit like a flower pot doesn't it?

So pleased that you all liked the Stash Basket hat, but don't squabble over it ladies please! I'm tempted to make a big one for me so that I can stay warm in the winter. It wouldn't look too silly would it? People round here are quite used to seeing me wearing strange knitted things, I'm sure a woolly basket hat complete with mini balls of wool would only confirm their suspicions of me!

As to a pattern? Oh please! I made it up as I went along. I think it was something like this though:-

Cast on 28
Moss stitch for 12 rows
Purl 1 row
Stocking Stitch 6 rows
Knit 2 tog to end
Purl 2 tog to end
Gather centre sts, sew up seam.
Fold over lip and sew down to make the top of the basket.

For the balls of wool, use tiny needles (I used 2mm) and cast on 6 sts. Stocking stitch 12 rows, cast off, roll up and sew down ends. Wrap piece of white yarn round middle to look like a ball band. Make 5 balls and sew in place.

OK? Let me know if you make one, I'd love to be a real proper designer. Perhaps I could make a book for Innocent on tiny woolly hats. Mini woolly hats take over the world....

8 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

We weren't fighting over the stash basket hat - I just think you should give it to ME, that's all!

Your hats should definitely be winners of "hat of the week" over on the Innocent website!

I may even try a few humble hats myself!

Lucy x

wonderwoman said...

hey get in line there mrs locket - i bagsy the rasta hat!!! no seriously all your hats are brilliant! i feel guilty that i have not done any - got a simple pattern for a not very good knitter??

xx

Mama said...

Oh - if you are giving hats away - I think that tis flower pot is my fav so far : )

trash said...

Well, I've already baggsied the dalek one so......

Kitty said...

That flower pot one is my favourite so far - brilliant! x

Gina said...

I think if any one should write a book on mini hats it should be you. Love the flower pot one.

Mrs Moog said...

Ooh yes - you really should be Innocent's No1 woolly hat designer and a book would be a fab idea!!

I love the little flower pot :)

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the flower pot too. Thanks for instructions. Tell wonderwoman to go to the innocent website where there is a simple pattern to start folk off with. You can get to it by clicking on the smoothie on your right bar.How about a birthday cake hat? or have I missed that one.