Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scarlett's cake


Now before you wonder what on earth this little creature is on top of the cake, let me enlighten you . It's Scarlett's Bunny - she takes it everywhere with her apparently. It is already looking very well loved in real life!


I can't bear plain sides on a cake. Even when decoration is minimal, you just have to put something on the sides please! This worked out really well, very easy and quite pretty - little yellow flowers joined by a string of pearls. I'll be using this idea again methinks!

Continuing with the bunny theme, I've just completed another bunny egg cosy. This one is heading off to my auntie. I think she'll like it, well, I know she likes boiled eggs, so I'm sure she'd like them kept warm!


It has occurred to me that despite this being the Month Of The Blanket, I haven't done any blankets. Oops. I've been a little busy with other things (like hats and bunnies and cakes). And neither have I cast on another sock. Dare I tell you that 4 (!) skeins of Posh yarn arrived earlier this week? All sock yarn too. I am so bad, so very bad. And so very keen to cast on one of several socks (am I the only person in the world not to have knitted these? Not for much longer I'm not! They are in 8818 projects and in over 4000 queues)

7 comments:

Rhiannon said...

On the grounds I've never made a sock,you aren't alone!

Love the bunny cake, its so nice and she is one lucky little girl
xxx

trash said...

Loving your pearlwork Missus. I can't decide whether I love the monkey socks or not.

Quinn said...

Oooh, love the cake and the pearls and posies on the sides are just right! What a nice touch.

I thought maybe "I" was the last knitter in the world to cast on for monkeys, but apparently not ;) I made the purl-free version, and was pleased enough with the results that I gave them to a dear friend in Canada who says she wears them all the time...my most successful knitted gift to date!

Have fun :)

Locket Pocket said...

What a beautiful cake! But more sock patterns??? You're mad!

Locket xxx

marit said...

Why couldn't you live a bit closer so you could make ME a cake too??? mine looks like a bomb has been dropped on them...Scarlett's cake is just gorgeous!!!

Monkeys? I'm not knitting those- there are too many other patterns out there!

Now I'm off to check the sheep one last time tonight- we've got 21 lambs from 10 sheep in 5 days...BAAAHHHH

wonderwoman said...

what an amazing cake - almost too nice to eat, almost!
love your egg cosy. talking about socks have to admit i frogged mine! but good news is am going to start again with trashys help!

xxxx

pink sky said...

What a pretty cake. :)

The cozies look like fun to make. :) I started knitting a monkey but got stuck and didn't finish it. I really ought to dust it off and see if I can still make heads and tails of the parts.