Sunday, April 15, 2007

My first post.




Well, hello and welcome to my everso slightly insane world.

I knit, I bake, I knit a bit more and then I have to do all the boring things like ironing. Ugh, I so hate ironing. I hate it so much I'm not going to waste any more time on the subject.

We (husband, children and me) have just spent a few days in North Wales visiting my in-laws. It's a beautiful part of the country and so peaceful. Whilst there, I managed to escape for a solitary walk in the sunshine - with the knitting of course. And just look where I sat and did a few rows of Lizard Ridge... dappled sunshine, babbling brook, peace and quiet.
I'm really enjoying Lizard Ridge, but have now run out of Noro so it's ground to a halt after only 4 squares! Good job I've got plenty of other stuff to be getting on with. But more on that another day, if I can work out how to post (I'm pretty much computer illiterate so please bear with me...)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! (I came via Dee.) It's a lot of fun out here. Maybe almost as fun as sitting by a sun-dappled brook knitting Lizard Ridge...
I'm almost finished my Lizard - except I chickened out of all those short rows and did a crochet version instead. Gecko Ridge, then; almost the same but not quite. Still all the same colour-changing joy, though. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay, its true, nagging really works! Welcome to the blogosphere, you're going to have so much fun. Now how about showing us that custard cream cake?

Anonymous said...

Computer illiterate my *rse! You're doing fine! Lovely picture, by the way.

What's all this about a custard cream cake?

Anonymous said...

That picture just looks gorgeous, please can I come next time?

When you can bake cakes as beautiful as you and knit as well too who needs to be able to master technology as well? Not that you seem to have any problems on that front, yay for giving into the nagging and starting a blog. Now keep posting, OK? xxx

Anonymous said...

Hoooorraaay - so glad you succumbed! and I'm with Dee - we want cake, we want cake!!

Anonymous said...

I came here via Dee too - haven't started a blog of my own yet but maybe one day! I finished a Lizard Ridge some time ago now - started it as soon as I saw it on Knitty and became v obsessive about finding different shades of Noro wherever I went!
P.S. Great cake!