Thursday, April 19, 2007

Scarves and gloves



Isaac let me borrow a couple of his teddies to model one of this years finished objects and one of last years unfinished ones. Mr Snuggles is wearing the Cable and Bobble scarf from Debbie Bliss' book 'Special Family Knits'. (You know, the one with that most gorgeous of Supermodels on the front, Miss Brooke Allman) The scarf was great to knit - haven't done cables in years - and the yarn was a dream come true, silk and cashmere mix.



Less fun to knit is Scribble (that's Raffles wearing it) from Mason Dixon. It's just never ending and oh so boring and it keeps springing off the needles and it's self-frogging and it is driving me nuts! However, I've just had an e-mail from Ann Shayne (wow! I must be going up in the world if famous people are e-mailing me!) to tell me to stick with it. So I will Ann, honest...



Oh yes, and Alfie wanted to join in the photo too but as he didn't have a pretty scarf to wear, I gave him a chocolate egg instead. He was quite happy with that!



Yes but look what I'm knitting now. I've joined in my first ever kal - glovekal.blogspot.com -not only is it my first ever kal, it will be my first ever glove. I am LOVING how this is turning out. It is, however, very addictive and nothing, but nothing is getting done . Some people have described me as 'potty' to be knitting gloves in spring - hope you're reading this Mrs Posh. Potty? Me? I'm as normal as they come round here! Again Alfie wanted to join in. He likes the camera does this little bunny....


I must go now as it's nearly bed time and I have a chocolate cake to decorate, 30 biscuits to bake , washing up to do and just a few rounds of a glove to knit. But first let me say a big thank-you to all the kind people who are leaving me comments and the strangers who don't even know me. Let me know where you're from, I really am interested See you tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, super pretty glove. what yarn are you using?

Jess said...

Help! I'm working on the Debbie Bliss cable and bobble scarf and I'm stuck on row 6 - the number of stitches isn't working out for me. Was there a correction or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

Jess said...

Never mind, I figured it out.