Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busy Day in the Kitchen

The sun is shining and the garden needs tending to. So Mr Stressy is doing that. Eldest son has gone round to a friend's house and youngest son has a friend round here. So neither of them require anything more than the occasional drink or biscuit.

Which has given me a blissful day to myself in the kitchen.

Truth be told I feel guilty sitting knitting during the day, but when in the kitchen I never feel guilty. I am far too busy playing to worry about that!

Here we have Shredless Marmalade (actually it's called Compost Heap Jelly, but no-one except me seems to think that's a good name - remind me to tell you about this one day), Mango Chutney and Rhubarb Relish.

This evening's pudding is made -
Lemon Meringue Pie.

Sun-dried tomato and Parmesan Bread (oh the smells when this is baking!)

Sultana scones.

Oh yes, and this cake was finished last night - they wanted 'pretty and feminine'.

Tonight I shall be knitting - back to the mystery blanket I think (which I have fallen out with a bit due to the fact that I didn't read the pattern properly on one square and have to re-knit it.)

11 comments:

Rhiannon said...

my word you've been busy!
I think compost heap is a much better name than marmalade, and please can you post the recipe for rhubarb relish (copyright permitting). It sounds like something fabulous!

xx

Locket Pocket said...

Good Golly Miss Molly! You really have been a busy bee today! And I agree with Rhianon - compost heap = good name (please explain) and rhubarb relish sounds intriguing!

Lucy x

Locket Pocket said...

P.S. I was thinking about your train cake when I was at the allotment this afternoon (don't know why exactly!) and it occurred to me that what you should really be doing is working for the Wallace and Gromit creators so that no one would have the cheek to actually EAT your amazing creations!

Me xxx

wonderwoman said...

wow you are a wizard inthe kitchen!! such scrummyness! lemon meringue is my absolute favorite!
i too would love the recipe for rhubard relish as i have soo much of it.

xxxx

Ali said...

Goodness, that really IS a productive day's making!

marit said...

I'd love to sit on your kitchencounter just smelling and tasting...mmmm!

Lemon meringue pie is one of my favourites...I'll make it next weekend for a confirmation. It never looks as delicious as yours though!

trash said...

Busy day in the kitchen Missus. If I come 'round and promise to play Lego with your boys will you give me biscuits and squash too?

Anonymous said...

do tell us the story of that great name.. - dont people around you have any sense of humour? !!
IDA

Cybèle said...

Isn't that cake pretty! They should be really pleased with that.
The rest of the photos make me feel hungry. Do tell about compost heap marmalade.
(off to find a jar of marmalade and a slice of bread)

Anonymous said...

Michaela:

Busy bee, indeed! Those glass jars filled with compost heap (?) and relish are shining. I would definitely eat a piece of your lemon meringue pie and one of you scones. ;)

Giulietta

Kitty said...

Blimey, I need a sit down after reading about it, let alone actually doing it. Were you kerknackerated? :-O

The cake is gorgeous, and I say get on with the blanket - I just love that blanket. Can't wait to see more. x