Saturday, May 30, 2009

2 Puddings!

We have been invited out to Angie and Bill's house tonight (hello Angie and Bill!). They live over the road from us and are quite OK sort of people really. They look after our children sometimes and let them play with their dog. They let mum collect greenery for her flower arranging duties in church. Angie even knits. Yes, quite OK they are!

Anyway, they knew what they were doing inviting us on a Saturday, as they read this blog. When I asked them what I could bring round, the answer was 'Saturday Pudding of course!'

Whilst listening to the radio yesterday, all the talk was about Rhubarb Meringue Pie. I liked the sound of that so decided to give it a try. Instructions here. I've not tasted the whole thing yet, but when I licked out the bowl, I was very impressed! I have a feeling that the pastry will go soggy (despite coating it with egg before baking) but you can't have everything can you?

And because there is no way my children would eat rhubarb, strange creatures that they are, here is what I've made for them. Plain and simple Chocolate Mousse.

Who are you cheering for on Britain's Got Talent then? I'm shouting for Flawless (I can dance like that you know, just that I don't choose to!) but I doubt they'll get past the media hype that's Susan Boyle.

9 comments:

dottycookie said...

You can come here anytime if you'll bring pudding!

I'm afraid I shall be doing my best to avoid Britain's Got Talent. I've managed it so far ;-)

trash said...

Aidan is my best but I do love Flawless and that rather gorgeous spokesman from Diversity ;-) Reeaaaaaaaaaallly hope that woosy cry baby from last night doesn't win.

Locket Pocket said...

Yummy! But have to admit that I haven't seen any of Britain's Got Talent - sorry! Lucy x

Kathryn said...

That ISN'T a plain and simple chocolate mousse!

Karen Lizzie said...

The best base I ever made for a meringue pie was using a flour that contained cornmeal as it keeps the pastry crisp. I believe there is a recipe on the net (maybe Delia) which would tell you the recipe if you can't find the flour to buy. Apparently a well known supermarket (not just a supermarket) use this type of flour for tarts and quiches to keep the pastry nice.

Ali said...

No, plain and simple chocolate mousse comes in horrid little pots straight from the supermarket.

And I predicted the winner correctly - hooray me! And hooray for rubbish but addictive mindless telly after a hard day's work.

wonderwoman said...

two lovely puds!!!! i wanted diversity to win, gorgeous hunks some of them, and they did, yay!!!

Rhiannon said...

TWO puddings?! Makes life even better in my opinion

I'm with dotty on BGT. I saw an episode on friday because my mum had it on and just got confused!

xxx
ps. Blanket news - I laid it out and decided its too small, so now need to go and buy AT LEAST two more balls of wool (8 more rectangles). I have a suspicion this blanket will never stop growing...

Unknown said...

I follow a few foodie blogs. I arrange for Abel and Cole products to be sent to food bloggers and I was wondering if you would be interested in trailing some things please could you email me on victoria@branded3.com