Monday, June 25, 2007

From bad to worse...



Ooh, what have I done now? The picture's gone all small. I've pressed the wrong button somewhere again. Not for the first time do I wish I understood this machine a bit better!

And look here, I've got double spaces again. How? Why?

So Dee wants me to make a shawl with the yarn she sent, and we have opted for Forest Canopy. This is my first big venture into lace and so far I'm not impressed! This pathetically small sample is the result of a whole evening's knitting - it is attempt number 3, or was it 4? And even this one had to be frogged. I have made so many mistakes I'm feeling pretty useless. I think I need mindless knitting, not this complicated yarn over type. Give me fair isle or intarsia any day! But I will not be beaten. I will work this out. I will. I will. I will. I won't. (Said in my best Mrs Doyle accent.)

3 comments:

Trudie said...

You can do it! Yes you can! And the harder you find it now, the more satisfaction you will get once you 'get it'. Remember the first time you tried to knit on 4 needles? Or the first attempt at Fair Isle? You can do this!

Sussex Yorkie said...

It will all become clear very soon, Lace, especially triangular, doesn't look much initially. If you can do Fair isle AND Intarsia this will be a walk in the park.

Anonymous said...

Go on, go on, go on.

Go on, go on.

Go on, go on.

Go on, go on, go on.

You see? Mrs Doyle knows best! Stick with it! You can do it!