Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pink Packages

Sitting in school today, eating my lunch in the staff room, the secretary gave me a message that a Pink Package was waiting for me in her office. Now as many of you will know, Pink Packages can only mean one thing. Posh Yarn. I have never moved so fast in my life. I doubt Lynford Christie ever moved that fast. And look what was waiting for me. This was a present from Dee as a thank-you for a couple of cakes I made for her. Very simple, unexciting cakes but gluten free as the poor woman can't tolerate the stuff. I have definitely come out the winner here! Gorgeous and beautiful, soft wonderful Lucia. I am in love!

If anyone else out there is gluten-intolerant, let me know and I'll give you a recipe. The secret is in the mixture of flours! Now does anyone out there know the secret of making 24 hours last for 36?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful. you have my address right? just pop it in the post tomorrow thank you. xx

Trudie said...

Aww honey, you're welcome. But if you do make a shawl with it (make a shawl! make a shawl!) don't forget to alternate skeins, rather than using them one at a time. There's quite a difference even with dyelots with colourways like this, as you can see.

Shawl! Shawl! Shawl!

Anonymous said...

I love pink parcels too.

Anonymous said...

I would love a gluten free cake recipe. A really close friend has just been diagnosed and I'm always a little stuck for pudding ideas when he comes round. Thanks! (lucy @ rcharnock . co . uk)

julie said...

Lovely yarn - I'm not suprised that you sprinted to grab the package. I hope no-one saw you though, it's school sports day season and now you'll be sure to get roped in for the adult races!

picperfic said...

oooh...you lucky girl but it's a fair swap! Doesn't that yarn look so yummy! I've added the recipe for Elderflower cordial to my blog..x

Mama said...

You've been tagged for a meme

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
I have a friend over from america and she's recently been diagnosed as gluten intolerant and is missing having cakes. If you could sent me a recipe I'd be incredibly grateful.
Sarah
skimlim@yahoo.co.uk