Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Knitting For St Dunstan's

And we've started!


Many thanks to everyone who has volunteered to knit a bit of the blanket or knit me a square or 2. I have great hopes for these blankets - hoping in particular that there will be 2 of them! I have started on the stripey blanket and this will now be winging its way to the first person on the list.

There are just a few points to note:-

  1. Please use double knitting weight and machine washable yarn (I used one 50g ball superwash merino)
  2. I've got 180 stitches on and am using 3.75mm needles (these will stay with the knitting)
  3. Once the blanket has arrived at your house, please try and send it to the next person within 2 weeks
  4. Use any stitch or style of knitting - garter stitch to fair isle and anything inbetween
  5. If knitting squares, use sock weight or double knitting, make them 4" square and e-mail me for my address so you know where to send them.
  6. Anyone knitting for this will get a ticket for a raffle prize - unknown at present. Maybe something from The stashbasket or the kitchen or Ally Pally
If you have volunteered for the stripey blanket, please let me have your address so I know where to send it to -Marie-France and Sue - where are you?!

Once it is a reasonable knee-blanket size, I will put an edging on it. Good luck and get the needles clicking!

4 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh golly Michaela - that knitting is CLEVER!!!! Will plain old garter stitch be acceptable????

trash said...

Ooo! How exciting Missus! I shall stand by the postbox with delight.

wonderwoman said...

i hope my knitting will be up to scratch looking at yours!

Lesley said...

Any idea how many stitches on what size needles make a 4" square? I would love to have a go and make a square or two.