Many thanks to everyone who has volunteered to knit a bit of the blanket or knit me a square or 2. I have great hopes for these blankets - hoping in particular that there will be 2 of them! I have started on the stripey blanket and this will now be winging its way to the first person on the list.
There are just a few points to note:-
- Please use double knitting weight and machine washable yarn (I used one 50g ball superwash merino)
- I've got 180 stitches on and am using 3.75mm needles (these will stay with the knitting)
- Once the blanket has arrived at your house, please try and send it to the next person within 2 weeks
- Use any stitch or style of knitting - garter stitch to fair isle and anything inbetween
- If knitting squares, use sock weight or double knitting, make them 4" square and e-mail me for my address so you know where to send them.
- Anyone knitting for this will get a ticket for a raffle prize - unknown at present. Maybe something from The stashbasket or the kitchen or Ally Pally
Once it is a reasonable knee-blanket size, I will put an edging on it. Good luck and get the needles clicking!