Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A growth spurt



Well I've just about managed it - one block of Fair Isle a day. I have been determined - to the extent that twice I was up knitting at 5.30am. Not far to go until the armhole shaping so hopefully the rows should just zip along then!
A brief update on the squares situation. More keep coming in! Yippee! Blanket number 2 could well turn into blanket number 3 as well, thanks in no uncertain terms to Kathryn's mum who is merrily knitting her way through a knitters stitch dictionary. She's done even more than you have Emma! Thank-you Mrs H!
But thank-you everyone else too, it really is so much appreciated. The original dead line was set to the end of October. Then it was moved to the end of November, but if you want to keep knitting over Christmas, then I'm quite happy to sew the squares together in the new year. This is actually quite good fun! Bring them on people! The first draw for Blanket Number 1 will take place next week sometime - just as soon as I pick it up from Kerrie - so if you haven't yet bought a ticket or 2, now is the time to do so! Quickest and easiest way is to paypal on Emma's blog.
We have now raised over £550. I'm thrilled! And I've also had to buy a second book of raffle tickets!

9 comments:

picperfic said...

Tipsy is looking as gorgeous as ever! Glad the squares keep coming in, I'll knit more when I get time! M

sara said...

I had every faith in your blanket idea. Well done.

julie said...

Well done on all fronts Michaela. Tipsy is looking wonderful (I so wish I had the patience to knit long rows) and it's fab news about the bankets.

Anonymous said...

I have another few squares for you, worked an extra nightshift last night and it was quiet...knitted squares and waited for babies!! Hope to post them tomorrow to make Nov 30 deadline. Fran

Anonymous said...

Love Tipsy too! Fran

Mama said...

Tipsy is so beautiful! I can just imagine how she feels - delicious...

WOW! You've made a real dent in the cost of the wheelchair. Great job you : )

question: are you flirting with the possibility of a third English blanket? FOUR total blankets counting the American version? Lady, you have done an amazing deed.

Kathleen said...

How do we tell you we bought tickets for the American Blanket?

radarkaty at yahoo dot com

Kristy said...

I have a technical question: I mailed my squares to Kay (since I am in California) and I bought 15 raffle tickets through Emma's paypal. How do I know for sure my name got in the raffle? I didn't ever her from Emma....

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I have re-sent the thank you I e-mailed to you on November 6th, the same day I sent your details to Michaela.
We really do appreciate your, and everyone else's, generosity.
There's no e-mail link on your blog for me to check that the one sent by paypal is correct.

Thanks.