Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lizard Ridge

Let me introduce you to my 'mindless knitting'. This is what I do at the side of football pitches, in the car on the way to football matches, in the coach on the way to football stadiums (is that stadia I wonder?). I love my little Lizard Ridge - have got lots more balls of Noro in the stash basket just waiting to become bumpy rectangles. Looking around in Blogland, some people have actually made theirs in a matter of weeks. My first rectangle was made about a year ago (Kathryn bought me a ball of Kureyon from her Honeymoon and started me off on the obsessive Noro hunt!). This is such a fun knit and so clever - and very easy too. Anyone else out there making one? Anyone out there got any spare balls of Noro they no longer want but would like to sell/swap? I want this to be a big blanket!

On the subject of blankets, more squares are coming in now for Oliver. Still not enough though, so keep on knitting! I want this one to be big too, well, I actually want 2 big blankets. Greedy you see! Optimistic too. The first one is being raffled before Christmas. This is a very busy time for me (pretty much everyone I think) - especially this year, as on December 3rd, we're having a new kitchen fitted. I'm dreading this as well as looking forward to it. Of all the stupid times to have your kitchen ripped out. (And it gets worse - 2 weeks before that , someone is coming to do a damp course in the kitchen too). The kitchen will take at least a week apparently. Better start trying to clear out some of the cupboards soon. Strange how much rubbish you collect over the years isn't it?

Got any spare bin bags anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michaela

Your Lizard Ridge is lovely. I made a mini one and felted it to make a cushion. When you felt LR you get beautiful sculpted eggs shapes where you do the short-row shaping I discovered !

I do have a few squares for Oliver but I was holding off posting them (along with my cheque for raffle tickets !)until I had a few more. Would you rather have them in dribs and drabs or in one go ?

Monkee Maker said...

Loving your mindless knitting!

And oh, how I don't envy you your kitchen works. Hope it won't put paid to your cake-tastic adventures for too long!

picperfic said...

ooh lizard ridge is gorgeous! love the colours, and isn't it fun to go back to something like this from time to time?