Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sunrise

The great thing about living in the Fens is the sky. Just look at this sunrise - the colours actually haven't come out as strong. The area that looks white was really deep turquoise. It has put me in a calm mood for the onslaught of today.

The man has come to fix the damp problem in our kitchen. All the kitchen units are outside and all the stuff from inside the units is in our dining room. It is chaos to say the very least.

He is using a big circular saw to slice through the 200+ year old walls to insert a waterproof layer. Or something like that. All I know is that it's very noisy and the dust cloud is as thick as any pea souper from Old London Town. It is quite, quite horrible.

So I must just keep looking at the pictures of the sunrise and think calming thoughts. It will all be beautiful soon. It will all be worth it in the end.

Perhaps I'll go and do some of today's 1500 Tipsy stitches. I didn't do any yesterday, so with my superb maths skills, I make that 3,000 stitches today.

Nervous breakdown approaching.

8 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Ooooh, what a gorgeous sky ..... and what an ordeal it sounds like you're in for!

Good luck with it :)

(.... remember, if all else fails .... alcohol and or chocolate may help)

Mama said...

Ooohhh! Sweetie - you can come stay with me. We're having a movies-and-snuggled-on=the=couch day. Yes, it's true that TLG has a bit of a bug. But you, being a guest, wouldn't be asked to do...much.

ps: beautiful pic! Want me to send a pair of ear plugs? (Not previously used, of course.)

Locket Pocket said...

Oh, good luck with the kitchen chaos! Could you wear Tipsy as a tank top on Christmas day? That would save some of the stitches wouldn't it????? Lucy x

benedetta said...

unrelated to your last post:
i sent you some squares from the US, not many, and i was wondering if they arrived. thanks
sarnob at gmail dot com

Jacqui said...

Squares in the post in the morning. i enjoyed doing them so I might get a few more to you before you finish ;o) Tension square? Me! Never did one before. If I had it might not have taken so long to realise they are the size you wanted *rolls eyes*

Anonymous said...

Hya. Have started knitting squares. Am I too late to send? Found this site which you might find useful for the 7 year old. I have used some of the stitch ideas.
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm M

Anonymous said...

Hya. Forgot to ask - does anyone have the pattern for the lovely blanket the bunnies are sitting on?
Hope the kitchen and Tipsy are coming on well! M

Michaela said...

Merry - e-mail me with your address, I'm sure I've got the pattern somewhere. That blanket was made by my grandma, now long since departed, and it's one of my most treasured possesions.